This article series is about the tools of popular guitarists. What are their favorite guitars and how is it related to them? This time with Dan Baune
(Dan Baune’s Lost Sanctuary, Monument).
One of my all-time favourite guitars to play is my trusty white 2009 Jackson Kelly. I found it randomly walking past a shop in the UK in 2015 and instantly fell in love. I replaced the stock pickups and it plays and sound beautiful for all things hard and heavy. Plus it looks bad-ass too of course! I’m not a big fan of active pick-ups, especially for lead tones, so I love the passive DiMarzio D’Activator for it’s aggressive bite, tight low end and high output in the bridge position. Such a chunky pickup, with all the output you could ever need! And in the neck position I have a Seymour Duncan SH1N which gives the guitar such a smooth bluesy touch for leads. I’ve used this guitar live and in the studio for years now, during my time with Monument, Omicida and on my new album „Lost Sanctuary“, as well as with Mystic Prophecy whom I occasionally play live with. These days it lives in D-Standard or Drop-C with Ernie Ball 10-52s on.
– Indian cedro body, colour: Snow White (black headstock)
– bolt-on maple neck, with graphite reinforcement 12″-16″ compound radius
– rosewood fingerboard with pearloid shark fin inlays
– 24 jumbo frets
– chrome hardware, three-way toggle pick-up selector switch
– DiMarzio DP 220BK D Activator (bridge), Seymour Duncan SH1N BLK (neck)
– string-through-body bridge
Video Links (with the Kelly in all of them):
For more information on my latest releases please visit: